Thursday, May 13, 2010

I'm Off!!

I am sitting amongst Irishmen & women in the international terminal at Chicago O'hare. As of now I am scheduled to leave at 6:15 pm. It looks like my flight will be squeezing between the ash clouds. I felt a little odd yesterday and today. Last minute butterflies about leaving I guess...I am leaving for a full year. That nervousness is gone now that I am on my way. I have to say though, having my flight bumped up by three hours did not help those feelings this morning; I wanted a little more time to say farewell to mom & dad--I also wanted them to pay for lunch :( . Oh well, not everything works out perfect. Edited: I also didn't call my little sister, massive screw up on my part. I got to say goodbye in person before I left & gave her a big hug, but I did say I would call :( Epic fail on my part. I'm sorry.

Here is a pic of the peaceful summer life I left behind & have enjoyed for the last four years.



This is the view from our back porch looking out over our pond. A couple of nights ago I was drinking a glass of 18yr old scotch and smoking a cigar with my parents while sitting there enjoying this very view. It was a good night, we only heard a vehicle once every 10 to 15 minutes. Ah...peace and quiet after year one of law school--but for three days only. Now I'm off to Europe, I'm not a prophet, but I don't predict that many peaceful moments in the next few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment