Saturday, June 12, 2010

It's a Small World


After my whirlwind tour of the Capitoline Museums, I met up with my fellow travelers, who had spent many Euros, but had a lot of fun. We also met up Bre Boben, one of my fellow CA's from Helser, & therefore one of my dearest friends. I had been emailing her with Carli's Blackberry for the last two days to set something up. Our schedules finally came together for dinner on June 5th. After all six of us ate, Bre and I took off to find a place to share stories over a bottle of Italian wine. We actually got a little lost and stumbled into the Piazza Navona with the Fountain of the Four Rivers-another sight from Angels and Demons. Low and behold there was a guy that we didn't know wearing and ISU hat. We didn't know him, but he still got a "Go Cyclones!!" from us.
After that we found the place we were looking for and chatted the evening away. It was just fun to be so far from home, geographically, and still have a friend to share the evening with. Doesn't feel so far from home when you can manage that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment